You can gain a tidbit of background information about me from the “About Us” page on this website. I just wanted to share a few more fun facts that are not included there. Here are a few of my favorite things:
1. I LOVE CHOCOLATE. I have a cute wood plaque in my kitchen that reads: “Give me chocolate and nobody will get hurt.” Yeah…that’s about how it is.
2. I’ll wear fake finger nails. If an occasion calls for me to look extra fancy and elegant, I have no shame, I’ll press on the fake fingernails. There is NO WAY that I can maintain great looking natural nails in my line of work, so I feel that I have no choice. There…secret out!
3. I run to wear the cool shoes. I can run pretty far when I put my mind to it. I’ve completed a half marathon and I run for the love of colorful shoes. I am pretty sure that is the only reason to run.
4. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN is my boyfriend. My husband surprised me with concert tickets and I could not stop sobbing for the first seven songs. I was just so overwhelmed with emotion of hearing and seeing my favorite musical talent live and in the flesh. He is adored.
5. My favorite color is black. You wouldn’t guess that by looking at all of the colorful glass and clay beads I create. Black has always been my favorite color. I guess it is because I like the contrast against white and that it combines well with any other color in a wardrobe. It’s a great accent color.
6. I’m a published illustrator. While living in Japan, I was commissioned to illustrate two children’s Japanese language books. Each book has over 200 drawings included. I have great memories from the time our family resided there, this is one of my highlighted creative accomplishments.
7. Favorite Sandwich: BLT with cheese.
8. Favorite Beverages: Sweet tea, chi tea, licorice tea, amaretto sour
9. Favorite Clay Artist: Donna Kato
10. Favorite Furry Friend: Cat.
Please visit “About Us” and “F.Y.I.” sections of this site to learn more about Club Creative Studio Art.