which is Nature’s colour,
is restful, soothing,
cheerful, and health-giving.
Consider a popular color of the season right now. There might be more than 50 shades of green you can appreciate. And, because green has psychology associated with it, you have something to learn.
- Green is a symbol of nature to include the earth, trees and land
- Green represents tranquility, well-being, healthiness, good luck, and jealousy
- Green has long been a symbol of fertility and was once the preferred color choice for wedding gowns in the 15th-century
- Green is thought to relieve stress and help heal. It is said that those who have a green work environment experience fewer stomachaches
- Green, with its calming effects may give you a sense of comfort when wearing this shade of color
Effects of Green
- Rejuvenating: Think of green as a color that revitalizes physically, mentally and emotionally
- Nurturing: Green has a heart link, urging nurturing
- Clarity: The color green offers agreeable and diplomatic encouragements
- Possessiveness: Green is a color that encourages us to want to own things, collect and possess
Green is commonly associated with Couture fashion and elegant retro costumes. But, we can also appreciate it in everyday fashion in many shades and stones like jade and emeralds. I like to create my unique shades of greens in my hand-made clay beads by mixing my original colors from blue and yellow and adding pearl whites, transparent and darker clays, creating a wide variety of greens.
I also enjoy my confidence mixing and matching shades of greens to combine in interesting ways as well as with contrasting colors, patterns and textures from the color wheel. Have you noticed the trend spike with the color green?
Are you a fashion insider that can come to consider green as the new neutral? In Club Creative Studio Art here are specific shades you can expect to see highlighted and combined with interesting patterns and bold combinations for spring and summer 2013.
- PALE GREEN- fresh start feeling
- EMERALD- suggesting wealth and creative ideas
- JADE- generous spirit increasing worldly wisdom
- LIME- youthfulness and electricity of playfulness
- DARK GREEN- ambitious strive
- AQUA- Calming of the spirit
- OLIVE- strength of character, overcoming adversity
- YELLOW GREEN- representative of conflict and contrast
- GRASS GREEN- color of security and abundance
- CHARTREUSE- go-go, psychedelic groove
- SEA FOAM- ocean water and beach themes
- APPLE, LICHEN, LEAF- visual cues of nature
From a meaning of colors perspective, green is also the color of renewal and rebirth. It renews and restores depleted energy. This is why there is so much of this relaxing color on the earth, and why we should embrace and consider wearing more of the shades of green.
I probably can create more than 50 choices of greens to combine into handmade beads and art. To view more items that contain highlights or hints of the color green please visit the shopping section of this website and make your selection for a hand-made work of art in the color green. http://www.clubcreativestudio.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi