I’d like to explore the reasons why we have road blocks in creativity. Celebrate the letter “E” today with the word excuse. Do you know what your halt words are that keep you from being creative?
Try to remember: Creativity Takes No Excuses!
Expanding on these points we can get a clear vision of what to do to overcome the creative stumbling blocks we may encounter in creative times.
1. Set aside time for what matters Once we realize that creativity is important to us and makes us more complete, we will carve out time to do what we have a desire and need to do.
2. Start at the beginning The beginning is always the hardest step. Divide the unknown task at hand into small steps that do not overwhelm you. If your initial ideas and supplies are close at hand, your process will begin and progress much smoother.
3. Realize creativity flow rate Your creative juices have different height levels. Discover your best time to dedicate to your creative project. If you get frustrated or lack the skills needed, seek the answers that you need to complete your creative task the best you can at that point in time.
4. Revisit Step away from the project from time to time to gain a fresh perspective. Review and reassess your creative efforts for improvements.
5. Avoid the excuse of ignorance The most common excuse for us to maintain our stumbling blocks of creativity are the voices in our heads that tell us that we simply can not do a task because we do not know how. If we add the simple affirmative word: “YET” to the end of any sentence, we gain the confidence to know that the task at hand can be attempted. Try, try, and try again.
6. Stomp Self-doubt Belief in ourselves overcomes all the excuses we form that tell us NO. We should want to always drown out the visions and voices that make us believe that we can not do something creatively. It’s alright to do something that is not perfect. Be open to learn in creativity.
I wish you continued success in your creative endeavors. Thank you for stopping by the blog. If you think these tips were helpful, let us know in a comment. we’d love to hear your feedback.