My husband’s great uncle has a creative eye and artistic talent that he expresses from time to time. This time, his creation was fit for a King or Queen- it was a royal creation.
I love hearing about his latest challenges and successes with his photography, painting, welding, gourd painting, and now steel cutting. By trade, he is winding down his days as a farmer. So, he has a bit more time now to travel on his creative paths.
We recently went to Nebraska for a visit. When we went to Don’s place we were happily greeted with a platter of his home-made goodies and his company. After a tour of the farmland, photos and story swaps of days gone by, Don lead us into the living room.
He was so excited for us to sit in the chair that he recently had re-upholstered and was eager for each of us to take a turn sitting in it. In Don’s eyes, this chair must have reminded him of royal throne. The next question for you to ponder is: what is a throne without a person sitting in it with a crown on?
So…Don made a crown from some steel scraps and he added a few reflectors as the crown jewels. We all had a good time as we took our turns being a royal subject sitting in his chair. What will he make us do when we visit next time?
Creativity can be expressed for a certain purpose or just for the fun of it. We are glad that Don’s creations expressed a sense of humor. This particular visit was a memorable one because of it.
Do you have a family member that has a creative talent or expresses their creativity in a fun way? Let us know in your comment below. We’d love to know about other’s creative creations.
Welcome to Part Two of the blog post offering you a few helpful hints for safely and successfully wearing earrings.
There are many times when wearing earrings can enhance your wardrobe and express your style. Accessories like earrings are a simple and inexpensive way to invest in your individualistic tastes.
Today, Club Creative Studio offers a few guidelines to wearing earrings so that they can give you the best comfort and style options. There is a time and a place for earrings and other piercings and knowing this is key information.
Pierced Earring Safety
The answers to these popular earring questions can be personal.
1. To wear or not to wear earrings while sleeping.
To be extra safe, take earrings out for naps or sleeping and place them in a safe place for replacement later. Sleeping with long or dangle earrings run the risk of getting broken, caught in long hair or snagged on clothing or blankets in some manner. It is NO FUN to tear a hole in an ear and potentially bleed.
Depending on where your piercing is- comfort should come first in display or removal.
If you are sensitive to metals or are allergic to your earrings in any way, sleeping in them can be an irritant, as well an uncomfortable if you lay on it the wrong way.
2. Wearing earrings while actively participating and engaging in sporting events are sometimes band for wear in certain sports by rules or referee requests. For good reason, earrings are not the safest to wear during a sport because of possibility of the earring getting broken, lost, or damage to self or others if a fall or contact occurs. Wearing a piece of athletic tape over the earring is sometimes accepted if the earrings are not to come out for any reason. Otherwise, remove for sports.
3. Loops, dangle and shiny earrings are practically magnetic to children. I mean that they are quickly drawn in attention and young children want to grab and pull them. To avoid that unwanted pain, wear small or post earrings if you are going to be working with or enjoying time near children.
4. Finally, clean your earrings with a quick rubbing alcohol and cotton ball bath for hygienic sense.
1. If you have ever stepped on an earring, you know that is important to properly store your earrings in a safe place. Use a special box, a designated table top earring holder. Your earrings will be found easily in pairs and you will not likely step on them or loose them.
2. Store your most valuable earrings in a hidden box or extra safe place. Try to be inventive and not an obvious place where an unwanted guest may want to take them.
3. Think creatively in your storage options. I use mesh window screen frame to hold and display wire earrings. My daughter painted the sides of one like this, we added ribbon for hanging it, and she gave it as a gift. The best part of this is that it expands! You can also place screen material on the back of an empty wood photo frame for a smaller group display.
4. If you are often in a rush and forget putting earrings on, keep a “spare pair” of neutral color or style earrings in your purse or car. I can’t tell you how many times I have used the spare pair I have kept in glove compartment storage for use in the emergency times I needed to wear earrings but left the house without them.
If you have your own tip you would like to share, feel free to add it to the comment section below.